Di is FOUR today! Who really cares about school when your only daughter is turning FOUR? She slept in a bit longer than the rest of us (what's new?) and so Gus and I took the opportunity to assist the fairies that visited us last night and left some special gifts in the front garden. The red bud tree was sprinkled with little pink gift bags holding treasures that would appeal to a certain little girl. They also left a few pieces of candy hidden in the rocks. Oh those sneaky fairies.
When she did wake up, she called for me and I went to her room where she was lying in bed trying to gain full consciousness. I told her happy birthday and she asked,
"Am I four?"
"Yes."
"Am I four right now?"
And then she stood up on her bed and looked down at her body in amazement. Then she stretched her little arms up as high as they would go and looked up at them. She wondered how high she could reach now...could she reach as high as her shelf by her bed? She thought she probably could. (no). It was quite possibly the most adorable and magical moment I have ever witnessed. The wonder of being FOUR.
There was a new dress. And a tiara. And all the packages from those fairies.
And then I had to run out the door to the NICHE homeschool conference. I am so glad I went. Even if I had to miss that amazing day of being four. Really, I missed very little of it as she had day camp that morning, I had lunch with them at noon, and then she napped and I was home by 5:30 to celebrate with grandma and grandpa. Then there was another new dress...that arrived that very day from Hawaii...hand-made just for her. And there were so many more new clothes including a Darth Vader costume from Nana Kathy. Life is good.
And so there was no school today. And tomorrow I shall blog about the conference in an effort to condense my notes and THROW THEM AWAY. No more stray paper around here! (ha, a girl can dream).
No comments:
Post a Comment