Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 2, 4 June, 2012

Di has day camp all week and little man is struck with fever.

School was saved (sort of) when a friend stopped by and took Gus to the library to sign up for the summer reading program. The kids spent the rest of the day playing with friends and taking a short walk with dad. Gus read to me from the North American Wildlife guide. He chose the Peregrine Falcon. He is fascinated by this book and will spend a lot of time and energy trying to sound out its many long and complicated words. When I was his age, I was devouring Ramona books. As much as I'd like to snuggle up and listen to him read of Ramona Quimby's mishaps to me, I think I'm going to have to be content with learning about the fauna of our great continent.

No comments:

Post a Comment